Wednesday, May 26, 2010

God or something like it.

JD and I were driving (me driving of course, four weeks is a long time) around yesterday picking up paper work and prescriptions, we drive by a church that has the wittiest billboards. Their board this week says "God has unlimited anytime minutes" to which JD says, "Yeah, but that bastard never has his phone on." We got into the discussion of God and Jesus. For the first time ever he said that he believed in a higher power. He tells me he understands God but that Jesus is a mystery, why should we worship some deranged guy from 2000 years ago anyway? My views of course differ. I think Jesus is more there for the symbolism, forgiveness is out there you just have to believe that you are worthy and ask for it. We don't worship Jesus we worship his creator and the thought of all He has done in our lives, every day we wake up and every day in the here after is because of Him.

I had a long chat last night with an old friend while waiting for exhaustion to hit. Somehow we got on the topic of religion and this conversation with JD came up. We discussed our thoughts on God and Jesus and the like. She had mentioned that she often felt like God had let her down, she has many health issues and has a hard time getting treatment where she is. My feelings are the exact opposite. I think God, or something like it, gives us challenges so that we have a reason to get up in the morning. Can you imagine a world where everything goes right for you? You get every promotion and your car always starts in the morning? You wake up and know that this day is going to be exactly like the day before. I think that would be really boring and frankly I can't imagine many people would survive that way. We all need motivation, we all need a reason for being. Where you find that is what makes you unique.

1 comment: