Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Warnings.

I asked him, did you have any symptoms that you can remember? The last couple weeks, were you more tired? Did your chest hurt at all? Were you ever out of breath? Did you have lots of indigestion? No, no, no he tells me.

In my warped mind I'm trying to remember, did he take more naps? Did he recently complain about his shoulders hurting (I say recently because he's a serial dislocator)? Did he complain about tummy troubles? I can't for the life of me remember anything out of the ordinary "I'm an old man, pity me" aches and pains of the normal work day. Is there anything I could have done? Why didn't I notice anything weird?

Fortunately for us, we had both scheduled a vacation starting the 17th and going through the 22nd to have some us time; just enjoy some quiet time together. Had I known where we'd get to spend this time together I'm not sure I would have scheduled it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment